Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fresh Strength

One of my favourite verses from Isaiah.
I'm not going to beat around the bush, I'm exhausted. It's laughable, I feel drained. I am guessing it's the first day back to work for me and it really took all my energy, sucked it up, and then threw it all over the floor, to be trampled by the mob of kids at school.
So then, I was driving home, and I thought, I want to continue this blog thing, I'm not stopping this. I was worshipping in my car, like a tired old man, and that verse came to me.

Isaiah 40:27-31 ----
God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind.

It basically says it all. I remember the first time that verse was shown to me, I was at summer camp, I was about to give up on God, I was tired and weary, I wanted to hear God speak to me, I wanted to feel his presence surround me... Then I put this verse into action, I told God I would wait, but also that I needed him to give me fresh strength and I needed to feel the soar of Eagles wings. Sure enough, that night was the first time I spoke in tongues, the first time I was baptized in the spirit, the first night I realized there was an unstoppable, unchangeable, forever constant God. It's incredible to think back, he really does have it all figured out, to the second.
So that's that. I realize these topics are kind of all over the place, but it's just what was on my heart today. It's my sincere prayer that somehow this has encouraged you, or made you look to our God for his answers.

I feel like I could go on forever about how absolutely incredible God is with his timing, but hey, that could be another blog.

Until tomorrow,
Colton.

No comments:

Post a Comment