Saturday, January 16, 2010

Attention

How do we expect God to use us with the big things if we don't sacrifice ourselves even for the little things?
I catch myself in the mind frame of "You know what, this is just small, it won't make a big difference." WRONG.
Like I've said before,
1) Little things count, you feel God compelling you to pick up a piece of trash, and you think what good is that going to do? Who knows, maybe it could make someones day, or someone could see that and be inspired. One small thing in our eyes could one massive thing in the eyes of those who are watching.
2) Secondly, has it ever occurred that maybe God is training you to be obedient in following and hearing his voice? That's what I was thinking about today, you see, he really does have it all figured out. He knows exactly how things need to happen.
3) When we hear God's voice telling us not to do something it's the exact same thing, we think, "Hey, what's this one swear word going to do?" Little do we know that one person could hear that, and all of a sudden in their mind they are thinking, hypocrite, and then begin to question what we base our commitments and our faith on?

I don't know, today, my mind has been thinking about that so much! They way that people see us, and how someone is always watching, including God.
Get this, there are two ways our lives could go.
One - The way God has planned for us, prosperous, successful, peaceful.
Then there is option two - the way of the world. Which would lead to corruption, and hurt, and ache.

You know, God says that there is no lukewarm. And that lukewarm Christians are a waste, pick a side.
SO my mind goes, I know what side I want to be one, I know how both options end and I know which side I will be happy on. Then I figure, each little decision we make, takes us on a step towards that ultimate place.

Maybe my mind is swollen, and maybe I am overtired and thinking to much, but I really believe there is truth to this.

I think this kind of sums some of it up.
Phillippians 3:15-16 ---
So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.

Goodnight My Bloggers.

Paying Attention to The Details,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment