Monday, January 18, 2010

Click

Okay, you ready for this?
After this blog, you may think my imagination is dark and morbid but I truly believe this was a vision or lesson or something from God.

I was on the way home tonight from Fredericton and my Grandfather was driving. I was looking at him, the perfect image of a role model, of a man of God, who has committed his life, his business, his ALL to God. I know no human is perfect, but this man is the closest thing I can find.

For anyone who knows me, knows how close I am to my family. So I was driving home, and this vision was just laid upon my eyes, of my family, my Grandfather, all gone, just me left by myself. Basically, they were dead. I thought about how much it hurt, and how perfect they were to me.
Then it clicked.

I just felt this sincere love, this love that I have for my family, and I thought about God, this is how much he loves us, by millions, and I mean ADORES us, it is unfathomable. I became overwhelmed. He gave up his son, His Son, barbarically crucified, to save us. That is some kind of love.

We have always heard the verse John 3:16, tonight I read it in The Message, and there was just a different feel.
---
"This is how much God loved the world. He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why, so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life."

I guess it clicked tonight because I realized how much I love my grandfather, how in my mind he is perfect; Now imagine that love, and giving it away to save the world. That is such, a gift, an honour, I don't even know what to call it! I am blessed and I know that my God and my Lord gave away his Son, and that Son willingly agreed and died for me, because He Was Perfect, therefore I am willing to die and give my all for him. Absolutely.

Thankful,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment