Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bright Evident Presence

1 Peter 4:7-11 ---
Everything in the world is about to be wrapped up, so take nothing for granted. Stay wide-awake in prayer. Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything. Be quick to give a meal to the hungry, a bed to the homeless—cheerfully. Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it: if words, let it be God's words; if help, let it be God's hearty help. That way, God's bright presence will be evident in everything through Jesus, and he'll get all the credit as the One mighty in everything—encores to the end of time. Oh, yes!

I think that's my goal. To show God's bright presence and make it evident in everything. I read that today and I smiled. Actually, so far today I have smiled a lot, this morning in church we had a guest speaker, and the bases of his message was the verse that I wrote about last night. It's so... Perfect, the way god works. Of course the guest speaker talked about different things that I mentioned, but in the same sense, I learned more about what I was already talking about. Does that makes sense?

Secondly, well this has been on my mind all day. How do we expect to get all these gifts from God, if we don't ask for them. Let me rephrase that... Well for me, I use the gifts God has given me to draw people towards his love. But how do we expect to have those gifts without asking? I think sometimes we have the mentality that if God wants to give us gifts he will, just like BAM! When you think about it, that's absurd. Ex: I pray to travel the world, God blesses me with the gift of a supportive family, money, and the opportunity to travel. So I get to travel and praise God while I'm doing it, in the past two years I have gone on multiple trips. A true blessing.

It's like that story, the guy goes to Heaven, meets Peter, Peter takes him into a room full of wonders and gifts and miracles. the man ask what it is and Peter explains that it is everything God wanted to give Him but he never asked for It.

Okay, so my favourite Bible story... this little dude named Jabez. He was bold and prayed to God to bless him indeed, for God to enlarge his territory, and keep him from evil. God heard his prayed and was pleased, he blessed Jabez his entire life because of that prayer. So let's be bold, let's asks for gifts from God, and then give all the glory to our father, just like that verse says. God's presence will be evident! Woo, that makes me excited.

Forever blessed,
Colton.

No comments:

Post a Comment